Grand Opening – Sunday 10 October – 10am
The Pavilion Play Park will be open and ready for visitors from 10am this coming Sunday after a short opening ceremony to dedicate the Play Park to Olive Main, Friend and Freewoman of Stilton, thank residents and local businesses for raising funds, Cambridgeshire Community Fund for providing a grant and all members of Stilton Parish Council and the former Sub-Committee for Children’s and Youth’s Amenities, for working together to complete the project.
- At the opening the Parish Council will be limiting play on the equipment to 50 children at any one time … if there are more than this initially, we will have a change-over to make sure everyone has as much access to the equipment as possible
- There will be goals set up on the field for anyone who would like additional exercise!
- Tea, coffee and squash will be available
- Picnic benches are in place and ready for use
- Dogs can be tethered to the designated spaces outside of the Play Park (please note no dogs in the Play Park or Playing Field though)
The Play Park will be open all day, every day for residents to enjoy – we look forward to seeing you!
Grand Opening of the Play Park
The planned opening of the Play Park has been pencilled in for Sunday 10th October at 10am!
There are a few outstanding works to attend to following the post installation report, bins to place in position and picnic benches to secure.
The Parish Council will let you know if there is any change to this date but we are extremely hopeful that 2 weeks today, the Play Park will be open so that the family fun can begin😊
Please see the attached Village Update regarding planning applications and the latest on the Play Park and Gala Close Open Land purchase …
Should the Parish Council buy Gala Close Open Land from Jelson Homes for a nominal fee?
There will be a meeting on Saturday morning at the Pavilion at 10am to discuss this matter. Come along, hear the business case (attached below) and ask any questions regarding the PC purchasing the land as an asset for the village.Public Meeting copy
10am – Saturday 18 September – Stilton Pavilion
Find out the latest village information in SPC’s monthly newsletter …
The Parish Council is supporting this fibre broadband initiative …
Full fibre to homes/businesses in Stilton is now a real possibility. Have a look at https://www.facebook.com/StiltonCFP for more information and register your interest – your address may be in the Pilot Scheme….